Admiring the skyscrapers along the busy Victoria Harbour in Hong Kong won't be the same experience in the daytime and at night. Like most tourists admire the million dollar night view of the colourful lights on skyscrapers along Victoria Harbour while riding on star ferry to cross the islands or enjoying the magnificent view from Tsim Sha Tsui Promenade at Kowloon for free. You can also enjoy the similar night view by getting the entrance tickets to The Victoria Peak Tram or Sky100 Hong Kong Observation Deck of International Commerce Centre (ICC).
A Symphony of Lights is the free multimedia show which features 44 skyscraper buildings on both sides of Victoria Harbour, Hong Kong. It is named as the World's Largest Permanent Light and Sound Show by Guinnes World Records with coloured lights, laser beams and music. A Symphony of Lights is organised by Hong Kong Tourism of Board which runs at 8pm sharp every day and lasts for about 15 minutes. The multimedia show will be suspended in the event of tropical typhoon (cyclone) and heavy rainstorm.
Even though Hong Kong Tourism Board has listed a few places to watch the multimedia show like, the Avenue of Stars at Tsim Sha Tsui waterfront, Golden Bauhinia Square in Wan Chai and sightseeing tour ferries cruising along Victoria Harbour, the best viewing point is at Tsim Sha Tsui Promenade which is situated between the Avenue of Stars and the Hong Kong Cultural Centre. As there are many visitors and the locals joining to watch the Symphony of Lights, it is advisable to secure the best view seating by 7pm.
- Tsim Sha Tsui Promenade along Avenue of Stars to Hong Kong Cultural Centre: MTR Tsim Sha Tsui East Station, Exit J. Follow the signs and walk for around five minutes.
- Golden Bauhinia Square: MTR Wah Chai Station, Exit A5. Follow the signs, take the skybridge to the Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre, and head to the Golden Bauhinia Square.
|Beautiful lights lit up on skyscrapers along Victoria Harbour in Hong Kong|
|Twin buildings of International Finance Centre (IFC) and Bank of China Tower across Victoria Harbour from Tsim Sha Tsui Promenade in Hong Kong|
|Central Plaza and Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre can be seen across the Victoria Harbour from Tsim Sha Tsui Promenade in Hong Kong|
Here is the preview of Symphony of Lights, taken by myself, at Tsim Sha Tsui Promenade, Kowloon in Hong Kong:
My Older Post:
- Wong Tai Sin Chinese Temple in Hong Kong
- The Peak Tram in Hong Kong
- Charlie Brown Cafe in Hong Kong
- Avenue of Stars in Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Star Ferry Tour Cruise
- Big Bus Tours Hong Kong Sightseeing
- Hong Kong, the City Lights that Never Sleeps